Unresolved fire damage claim? We’ll fight to make it right.

Let’s talk.

Call: 855-702-9061
Text: 817-203-0260

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Do you need a smoke and fire damage lawyer?

Fire damage to your home or business can be sudden and devastating.

The last thing you need to worry about is fighting the insurance company to approve a valid fire damage claim. From furniture and appliances to irreplaceable items, like pictures and family heirlooms, the loss caused by smoke or fire damage can be devastating.

As the policyholder, when you have responsibly paid the required insurance premiums, you expect the insurance company to act in good faith when handling your valid fire damage claim. Simply put, they can’t look for ways to cut corners or cheat you out of full and just compensation for the losses covered under your insurance policy.

Smoke can wreak havoc on your property and has the potential to consume everything in its path.

In addition to the physical destruction it can cause, smoke can also be detrimental to your health. While smoke damage is typically covered under most insurance policies, it’s not uncommon for insurance companies to delay or outright deny valid smoke damage claims.

If you have suffered smoke or fire damage and your insurance company has denied, delayed or underpaid your valid claim, we encourage you to contact the experienced insurance lawyers at McDonald Law Firm.

Call today to schedule a free, no-obligation insurance claim review: 855-702-9061

We can help with claims for:

Barns & Outbuildings
Vacation Homes
Churches & Meeting Halls
Schools & Libraries
Civic Buildings
Police & Fire Stations
Hospitals & Nursing Homes
Community Centers
Recreational Facilities
Industrial & Manufacturing Facilities
Retail Storefronts
Restaurants & Hotels
Parking & Storage Facilities
Farms & Ranches
Hangars & Boathouses

First Steps: Home Inventory Checklist

Following a fire, one of the first steps you should take is completing a home inventory checklist. A home inventory checklist will help you determine the extent of your loss so that you can accurately report these losses to your insurance company. No one knows your home or business and its contents better than you do; it’s imperative you document your loss as specifically and accurately as possible.

Was your fire damage claim denied, delayed or underpaid?

The burden of proof falls squarely on your insurance company. If you believe your fire and smoke damage claim has been denied, delayed or underpaid without valid, supporting evidence, we encourage you to contact our insurance litigation team today for a free, no-obligation claim review. Common reasons the insurance company may give for denying a fire and smoke damage claim:

  • Alleging the fire was intentionally started, or arson
  • Inadequate coverage
  • Blaming the fire on an event not covered under your policy
  • Declaring the damaged property as only a partial loss rather than a total loss
  • Fraudulent insurance claim

How we can help with your smoke and fire damage claim.

Our insurance litigation team will review the language of your insurance policy, assess the damage to your home or business and evaluate the reason for your insurance company’s decision. After a thorough investigation, we will give the insurance company the opportunity to resolve the situation by requesting a fair settlement offer.

Many times, insurance companies will choose to quickly settle rather than battle experienced, knowledgeable fire damage lawyers. As we have seen time and again, the insurance company is also more likely to respond to a lawyer, rather than to you alone.

Generally speaking, if we cannot reach a fair resolution through discussions or mediation, we will move forward with trial. If you win, the insurance company could be forced to pay your actual damages within your policy limits.

Free, no-obligation fire damage claim review: 855-702-9061.

Contact McDonald Law Firm for a free, no-obligation insurance claim review to assess your situation and review your legal options. Whether over the phone or in person, we are here to answer your questions and explain the process.

Personal Property Insurance Claim Denied, Delayed or Underpaid? Get help now: 855-702-9061

To evaluate your claim, we will need the following documentation or information:

Damage Estimates

Any approximations of cost you’ve received to repair or replace damaged property.

Insurance Policy

The document detailing the terms and conditions of your insurance contract.

Declarations Page

The page that outlines the “who, what, where, when and how much” of your insurance policy.


Letters, emails or handwritten notes between you and your insurance company.

We know how to stand up to big insurance companies with deep pockets.

Insurance companies are in business to make money; but they also have a duty to treat their policy holders in good faith and handle all valid claims fairly and promptly. Unfortunately, insurance companies are known for finding ways to cut corners. If your insurance carrier has refused or avoided paying complete and just compensation for smoke or fire damages sustained to your home or business, contact us today. We will protect your best interests and fight to receive the maximum compensation allowed under your policy.

 We don’t get paid unless you win.

Securing our services will not cost you anything out of pocket. We work on contingency, which means there are no legal fees unless we successfully resolve your case through settlement, mediation or a trial.

You’ve been through enough. Don’t settle for less than you are owed. We are only on one side – yours.


Let’s talk.

Call: 855-702-9061
Text: 817-203-0260

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Denied, delayed or underpaid commercial property damage insurance claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com
Denied, delayed or underpaid residential property damage insurance claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com
Denied, delayed or underpaid business interruption claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com
Denied, delayed or underpaid water damage insurance claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com
Denied, delayed or underpaid wildfire damage insurance claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com