Denied, delayed or underpaid flood damage claim?

Let’s talk.

Call: 877-803-2897
Text: 817-203-0260

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Do you have a flood damage claim?

We understand the aftermath of a flood can be devastating to your home or business. A claim dispute with your insurance company is the last thing you want to deal with.

Do you have NFIP flood insurance?

It is important to note that flood insurance is separate from homeowners’/business owners’ insurance; these policies cover many types of water damage but customarily exclude flood damage. Many home and business insurance companies do not offer flood insurance. In order to file a flood insurance claim, typically, a property owner must have purchased flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Be advised, once you purchase your policy, there is a 30 day waiting period before the policy goes into effect. According to NFIP, the average flood insurance policy costs about $700 per year.

For general information on what is and is not covered by flood insurance, read the NFIP’s Summary of Coverage.

Call today to schedule a free, no-obligation flood damage claim review: 877-803-2897

Is it flood damage or water damage?

According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) a flood is a general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or of two or more properties (at least 1 of which is the policyholder’s property) from:

  • Overflow of inland or tidal waters
  • Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source
  • Mudflow

Additionally, a flood can be a collapse or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels that result in a flood, as defined previously.

What does your policy cover?

It is always important to review your insurance policy to ensure what is and is not covered under your policy. If your insurance company has denied your water damage or flood damage claim, contact our experienced insurance lawyers for a free insurance claim review.

Common water damage claims typically covered under homeowners’ insurance:

Burst pipes
Roof leaks
Drain system failures

Common flood damage claims typically NOT covered under homeowners’ insurance:

Overflowing rivers
Flash flooding
Snow thawing
Hurricane storm surges

Free, No Obligation
Insurance Claim Review

Contact McDonald Law Firm for a free, no-obligation flood damage claim review to assess your situation and review your legal options. Whether over the phone or in person, we are here to answer your questions and explain the process. Call us today at 877-803-2897.

Flood Damage Claim Denied, Delayed or Underpaid? Get help now: 877-803-2897

NOAA’s Weather Prediction Center reported the following Hurricane Matthew rainfall totals

Savannah, GA: 17.49 inches
William O Huske Lock 3, NC: 15.65 inches
Goldsboro, NC: 15.24 inches
Fayetteville, NC: 14.82 inches
Beaufort, SC: 14.04 inches
Reevesville, SC: 12.90 inches
Virginia Beach, VA: 12.16 inches
Suffolk, VA: 11.24 inches
Hilton Head Island, SC: 11.00 inches
Charleston, SC: 10.48 inches
Folly Field, SC: 9.82 inches
Orlando, FL: 8.99 inches
Jacksonville, FL: 6.75 inches
Myrtle Beach, SC: 5.67 inches
Daytona Beach, FL: 5.29 inches

An accurate and thorough Proof of Loss can make or break your flood damage claim.

A Proof of Loss is a policyholder’s statement of the amount of money being requested, signed to and sworn to by the policyholder with documentation to support the amount requested. If you purchased flood insurance through the NFIP, it is imperative you understand the Proof of Loss requirement. Review FEMA’s Proof of Loss.

Proof of Loss, along with any supporting documentation, must be sent to the NFIP servicing Agent or Write Your Own Company (NFIP Insurer) within 60 days after the date of loss. Failure to file your Proof of Loss within 60 days of the loss could result in claim denial and losing your right to file a lawsuit. These deadlines are strictly enforced.

Why choose McDonald Law Firm for help with your flood damage claim?

After a flood, the insurance company is focused on their bottom line. You need someone on your side, protecting your best interests. The experienced insurance lawyers at McDonald Law Firm understand how to evaluate your flood damage claim and fight for the maximum compensation allowed under your flood policy.

Reasons your insurance company may give for denying your flood damage claim:

  • The damage was preexisting
  • the damage was caused by non-flood related causes, like wind or a burst pipe
  • The damage was a result of earth movement (not the flood)

Call us if…

  • You need help preparing and filing your proof of loss.
  • You flood damage claim has been delayed, denied or underpaid.
  • You believe you are being treated unfairly by your insurance company.

Let’s talk.

Call: 877-803-2897
Text: 817-203-0260

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Denied, delayed or underpaid commercial property claim?
Denied, delayed or underpaid residential property claim?
Denied, delayed or underpaid business interruption claim?
Denied, delayed or underpaid hurricane claim?
Denied, delayed or underpaid storm damage insurance claim? McDonald Law Firm