We help homeowners resolve residential property insurance claim disputes.

Let’s talk.

Call: 855-702-9061
Text: 817-203-0260

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Residential Property Insurance Claims

If you purchased homeowner’s insurance and your property was damaged or destroyed during a storm or fire, you expect the insurance company to properly pay what is rightfully owed to you under your policy. What if the insurance company doesn’t pay you what you believe your property is worth? Unfortunately, insurance companies are notorious for low-ball valuations and not paying for everything that should be covered under a policy.

What if your insurance company refuses to pay or doesn’t offer enough for your property damage?

Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, and that is their primary interest; however, regardless of your type of covered loss, they are required to act in good faith when investigating and ultimately rejecting or paying your insurance claim.

The experienced insurance lawyers at McDonald Law Firm have years of experience negotiating on behalf of property owners. Quite frankly, in most instances, the insurance company is more likely to respond to your lawyer than to you alone.

We work on a contingency fee.

Securing our services will not cost you anything out of pocket. We work on contingency, which means there are no legal fees unless we successfully resolve your case through settlement, mediation or a trial.

Call today to schedule a free, no-obligation insurance claim review: 855-702-9061

Are you covered? Find out with a free claim review: 855-702-9061

There are different types of property damage insurance policies. A homeowner who is paying a bank or lending institution mortgage will be required to purchase basic homeowner insurance in order to protect the lender. Normally, the insurance premium is included in the monthly mortgage payment.

Most basic homeowner insurance policies cover:

Dwelling Protection
Coverage for the home in which you live, as well as other structures that are attached to it, such as a garage or a deck.

Other Structure Protection
Coverage for other structures that lie on your property but are separate from your home, like a detached garage, tool shed or fence.

Personal Property Protection
Coverage for the personal belongings kept within your home or other structures.

Natural Disasters
Not all natural disasters are covered. Typically fires, rain damage, lightning strikes, windstorms and hail are covered. Flood and earthquake insurance is normally not included, but coverage may be available under a separate policy.

Bodily Injury Liability
Liability coverage for when someone not living with you is injured while on your property.

Other types of personal or real property on your land may be insurable by purchasing specific policies. For example:

  • Comprehensive auto insurance would insure your car for virtually every type of natural disaster, including flood damage
  • Motor homes would require a comprehensive insurance policy to cover flooding
  • If you have a boat parked on your property, comprehensive boat insurance would cover flooding on dry land or in the water
  • Other structures such as an external garage or utility shed would require specific coverage for flooding – either an individual policy for each item or a policy that covers all of the items collectively
Personal property Insurance claim denied, delayed or underpaid? Get help now: 855-702-9061

When the insurance company refuses to hold up their end of the bargain.

Insurance companies may employ various insurance bad faith tactics in an effort to pay you less than you are entitled to for your residential property insurance claim. Be on the lookout for:

  • Undervaluing property damage, either intentionally or by “miscalculation”
  • Working with adjusters who “misinterpret” the claimant’s actual coverage
  • Delaying the processing of claims and dragging it out as long as possible
  • Using inaccurate depreciation values
  • Postponing payments in order to earn more interest from their own monies

Call us for a free, no-obligation residential property insurance claim review to assess your situation and review your potential legal options: 855-702-9061.

Let’s talk.

Call: 855-702-9061
Text: 817-203-0260

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Denied, delayed or underpaid flood damage insurance claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com
Denied, delayed or underpaid hurricane damage insurance claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com
Denied, delayed or underpaid storm damage insurance claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com
Denied, delayed or underpaid wind damage insurance claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com
Denied, delayed or underpaid tornado damage insurance claim? McDonaldLawFirm.com